This whole day has been really atmospheric. There’s certainly something in the air, or maybe its only in my head. I’m stuck late at work trying to finish up a last few things this Friday evening–and I am truly ready for the weekend, and stoked to the core with the way 2011 is pregnant with possibility, on the writing front and otherwise.
Does this ever happen to you: You wish there was some way to connect a cable up to your brain and project the contents up on a fifty-foot tall screen, like an outdoor movie theater, only it shows all the goings-on inside your head instead of the latest Hollywood film? There must be some tangible way to get a handle on the ebb and flow of all the byzantine forces swimming around in this little skull of mine. Maybe there’s a patent idea in there somewhere.
But right now I’m feeling pretty electric. There’s no other word for it.
So it felt right to get a Friday Link Love post out! I know, I know. It’s been forever, but here’s to hoping it becomes a regular occurrence like in the old days. But first–and quick–a joke!
Two cannibals are eating a clown. The first one turns to the other and says: “Does this taste funny to you?”
I didn’t say it was a good joke, now did I? Without further adieu I bring you some Friday Link Love, 2011-style!
- DL and Talli are hosting The Significant Other Blogfest on January 21st–where your significant other highjacks your blog for the day and dishes all the dirt! Or maybe that’s what Furnace Girl is likely to do…hmm…maybe I should rethink this! Sign up here!
- Tabitha makes a convincing case that writing must never be about perfection.
- Lydia is running an awesome First Chapter Critique Contest over at The Sharp Angle. Entries due before January 15th. Don’t miss it!
- If you missed it, here’s the Show Me Yours Blogfest that featured a ton of great entries–hosted by Summer, Falen and Hannah.
- Author Jody Hedlund posts about making the reader one with the story–a great set of pointers!
Anyway, thanks gang for playing along. Here’s hoping you have one downright blast of a weekend, and to get you started off right, here’s a shot of U-2, song apropos as all get out!