Dateline: September 22nd, 2011
As I continue to consider the place of my blog in the world, I am arriving at a few conclusions. The overall gameplan–both for my fiction production and for this blog–is still taking shape. But one feature I think I’m going to add is a “News & Views” post, several times a week, posting significant fiction, publishing news–and contests!
I’m starting small, with a few links to get the ball rolling. Eventually, I’ll probably add a sidebar listing significant items–but more to follow on that. Suggestions and comments are encouraged. Enjoy!
- Robots writing news stories. Is fiction next? 😀
- Interview with best-selling UK author, Penny Vincenzi, who’s new novel The Decision has just been released.
- Interview with Swedish novelist Alexander Ahndoril.
- Lisa Tucker talks about New Novel, Faith and Writing.
- Sandra Brown’s new thriller, Lethal, is fast paced.
- Mary McGarry Morris laces her new book, Light From A Distant Star: A Novel with dread.
- Sixth International Aeon Award 2011 (Short Fiction. Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror. Wordcount: any). Submit by September 30th.
- The Bland to Grand Flash Fiction Contest (Genre: any. Wordcount: ~500 max). Submit by September 30th.
- Arthur Edelstein Prize for Short Fiction (Genre. any. Wordcount: 6000 max). Submit by October 31st.
- 16th Annual Oklahoma Literary Arts Festival Flash Fiction Contest (Genre: topic-driven, see link. Wordcount: 150-300). Submit by November 3rd.
Have a groovy groovy day!